- The purchase of alcoholic beverages is prohibited from reimbursement unless prior approval has been given by the department head.
- Always request that alcoholic beverages be placed on a separate receipt from food purchases.
- For groups of 20 or less, you must provide a list containing the following information for each attendee; First Name, Last Name, Company, and Title or Affiliation.
- You must provide an explanation of the business purpose for the meal or refreshments; Dinner for Transnational seminar speaker, Refreshments for job fair, Lunch for faculty meeting, etc. Please be as specific as possible.
- Receipts turned in for reimbursement must contain the following:
- A detailed list of what was ordered by each attendee.
- The name of the restaurant or caterer.
- The date of the meal, or the date food was delivered.
- The location, city and state, of the restaurant or caterer.
- English translation, if the receipt is not written in English.
- Credit Card Receipts
- If the meal or refreshments are paid for with a credit card, whether it be your personal credit card or a University Travel Card, and a separate credit card receipt is provided, please turn in the credit card receipt with the detailed receipt. (Some restaurants are now including the credit card information on the detailed receipt.)
- Sales tax will not be reimbursed. The sociology office staff can provide you with a copy of the U of I tax exemption letter, if you need it.