Welcome to Sociology Advising! Email is the best way to contact us. Please see information below about our hours and our appointments. Walk-in hours and appointments are used for different purposes – please pay attention to the following when determining which is the appropriate type of appointment for you.
Walk in meetings will include (15 minutes or less):
- Add/drop forms
- Minor forms
- Late Course Add/ Section Change/ Credit Change Forms
- Minor Modification Forms
- Major Plan of Study Modification Form
- Independent Study Form
Appointments will cover (30 minutes):
- Satisfactory Appeal Progress Forms (Financial Aid)
- Major Plan of Study
- Course Selection/ Schedule
- Post-Graduation Discussions (career/ graduate school)
- Opportunities for student involvement in RSOs, Undergrad Sociology Association (USA) CLUB, AKD
- Study Abroad
- Make an advising appointment HERE .
Advising Office is located in Room 3070 Lincoln Hall, 333-4903
Walk-in Hours M-F: 3 - 4:30pm - Students are encouraged to make appointments.
Nicole Holtzclaw-Stone, Director of undergraduate Studies
Dr. Holtzclaw-Stone has been leading the Undergraduate advising office since 2008. Her teaching focuses on career exploration and preparation for Sociology undergraduates, as well as globalization and methods training.
Make an advising appointment HERE .