Welcome to Sociology Advising! Email is the best way to contact us. Please see information below about our hours and our appointments.
Office Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: By appointment
Express Walk-In Advising (Days and Hours Vary): Walk-in hours for Spring 2020 coming soon. See below for information about Spring 2020 Peer Advising Hours. Thank you.
Walk-in Express Advising and Appointments are used for different purposes – please pay attention to the following when determining which is the appropriate type of appointment for you.
Walk-in Express Advising will include (15 minutes or less):
- Add/drop forms
- Minor forms
- Late Course Add/ Section Change/ Credit Change Forms
- Minor Modification Forms
- Major Plan of Study Modification Form
- Independent Study Form
Appointments will cover (30 minutes):
- Satisfactory Appeal Progress Forms (Financial Aid)
- Major Plan of Study
- Course Selection/ Schedule
- Post-Graduation Discussions (career/ graduate school)
- Opportunities for student involvement in RSOs, including AKD
- Study Abroad
- Make an advising appointment HERE.
Peer Advising Hours
Peer Advisors Claudia, Nisha, and Anna will be in the Sociology Advising reception area during the following days/times:
- Monday: 10 am - 3 pm
- Tuesday: 9 am -12:30 pm, 2 pm - 5 pm
- Wednesday: 10 am - 1 pm, 2 - 3 pm
- Thursday: 9 - 11 am, 2 -3 pm, 4 - 5 pm
Peer Advisors can sign Criminology, Law and Society and Sociology Minor forms and answer questions about the minors.