Welcome to Sociology Advising! Email is the best way to contact us. Please see information below about our hours and our appointments.
Office Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: By appointment
Wednesday: 9:30 - 11:30 AM and 3:00 - 5:00 PM Peer Advising** (Not Available May - August)
Express Walk-In Advising (Days and Hours Vary):
Monday September 9th through Friday November 1st: Tuesdays 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM; Thursdays 11 AM - Noon
There is NO Express Walk-In Advising during Priority Registration November 1 - November 30th.
** Peer Advising for CLS Minor Forms and Minor Checklists meets in room 3120.
Please ask for Alicja.
Walk-in Express Advising and Appointments are used for different purposes – please pay attention to the following when determining which is the appropriate type of appointment for you.
Walk-in Express Advising will include (15 minutes or less):
- Add/drop forms
- Minor forms
- Late Course Add/ Section Change/ Credit Change Forms
- Minor Modification Forms
- Major Plan of Study Modification Form
- Independent Study Form
Appointments will cover (30 minutes):
- Satisfactory Appeal Progress Forms (Financial Aid)
- Major Plan of Study
- Course Selection/ Schedule
- Post-Graduation Discussions (career/ graduate school)
- Opportunities for student involvement in RSOs, including AKD
- Study Abroad
- Make an advising appointment HERE.