Deadline: December 1
We admit for Fall term only.
The application opens September 1 for the following year's fall term.
All Graduate Applicants (Domestic & International)
Complete Graduate College Online Application [Departmental Code: 10KS0344PhD]
Application Fee https://grad.illinois.edu/application-fee
Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
Academic Statement which answers the following questions (1,000 words max):
- How has your academic background, including any training, research, or other educational experiences, prepared you for graduate study?
- What are your intellectual interests, and what scholarly questions are you interested in exploring in graduate study?
- Are there any specific faculty members whose research interests align with your own with whom you would like to work?
- How will our program help you achieve your academic and professional goals?
Copies of Academic Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions.
Three Recommendations Letters
International applicants have additional requirements
- Proof of English proficiency (More information can be found at the Graduate College’s website: https://grad.illinois.edu/admissions/instructions/04c)
- English Translations of all non-English Transcripts
- Certificate of Degree (including English Translations)
- Declaration and Certification of Finances
- International Student Verification Form (processed within Apply Yourself)
Note: These required items must be received by the December 1st deadline.
Please refer to the Graduate College Online Application page for the most up-to-date information.