Admitted Student Days
These events are designed for admitted students to meet their peers, faculty and staff, and current students!
Many of our Student Ambassadors will be in attendance and are eager to answer your questions.
You will hear about:
- Sociology Major, Sociology Minor and popular Criminology, Law & Society Minor
- Career Development & Internship Opportunities
- Student Engagement through Sociology Ambassador Program
- Research Opportunities
- Study Abroad
Come learn all about our commitment to helping you harness your Power of I!
Once you have accepted your Offer of Admission
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION GUIDE
Welcome new Sociology students! We are excited to meet you during our virtual New Student Registration appointment. Below you will find information that will be helpful as you begin your journey here at Illinois.
PREPARING FOR YOUR ADVISING APPOINTMENT
Students MUST complete the following six items BEFORE their advising appointment:
1. Department of Sociology Orientation (25 min) - Students are required to view this before their advising appointment to gain an understanding of academic requirements, advising in Sociology and the College of LAS, and how we will support you during your time at the University of Illinois. - Dawn McNulty, Academic Advisor (link available May 15th)
2. College of LAS New Student Registration Homework- Be sure to indicate subjects of interest, hobbies, career ideas (if you have them - it's OK to be undecided), all AP exams taken, and any previous credit you may have earned. (link coming soon)
3. Course Planning Worksheet- Download this worksheet, review courses of interest, list 3 interesting courses in each area, and save on your computer prior to their academic advising appointment. You will use this with your advisor. (link coming soon)
4. All Required Placement Exams - These are extremely important to complete before your advising appointment. See link for exams required of all LAS students.
5. Setup your NetID - Access "NetID and Computing" through the Admitted Student Checklist.
6. Download Zoom Client for Meetings - Your advising appointment will be conducted using the Zoom online video conference system.
COURSE REGISTRATION INFORMATION
How To Register Using Enhanced Registration - View this to understand how to use the Illinois Registration system
Registering for your courses- Tips on registering for your courses online, general education requirements and common error messages. (link coming soon)
Advising in Sociology and the College of LAS- Learn how academic advising works in the the College of LAS and Sociology. (link coming soon)
College of LAS Advising and Support - Learn about the advising, support and resources available through the College of LAS Academic Advising.
Course Explorer - A schedule of classes by term, a database of general education course, and access to popular course resources.
Course Registration Resources - Additional tips on course registration provided by the Office of the Registrar.
International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) - If you are an international student, visit the ISSS website for information regarding your arrival on campus.
Tutoring Resources - A listing of the many tutoring resources available to students.
Important Resources and Information: