- The Catherine C. and Bruce A. Bastian Scholarship
The Catherine C. and Bruce A. Bastian Scholarship fund was established to increase students' awareness of and involvement in international activities. Fellowships are awarded in summer ($3,000) and academic ($10,000) year.
- George L. Beslow Graduate Paper Award
The Beslow Graduate Paper Award is for a relevant paper on any sociological subject/area. The paper may be published or unpublished. The annual award is $100 and is funded from the Beslow Endowment.
- Douglas Barnes Graduate Scholarship
Recipients of the $1,000 Douglas Barnes Graduate Student Scholarship shall be students whose research relates to development issues, with preference given to development in underdeveloped countries—to which Barnes has dedicated his career.
- Harold L. Geisert Graduate Student Fellowship-The Harold L. Geisert Graduate Student Fellowship recognizes and supports one outstanding graduate student in year six or above who has demonstrated excellence in research (publishing, conference presentations, awards), teaching (high evaluations from students and supervisors, CITL certificates), and service to the department and beyond (attending department colloquia, serving on committees in the department and professional associations, conference organizing). The fellowship offers a stipend of $10,000 for the fall semester.
- Clark McPhail Collaborative Research Award- Nomination from a graduate student and faculty advisor jointly developing and submitting a paper for publication between May and May of current academic year. The award is $2,000 for student and $500 for faculty.
- Vivian Lin Thurston Graduate Fellowship.The Vivian Thurston Lin Graduate Student Fellowship is awarded each year to recognize the “Outstanding Performance” of a graduate student in our department who has demonstrated excellence in research, teaching, and service. Thanks to the generous gift of an alumnus, Ms. Vivian Thurston Lin, one $10,000 Fellowship will be granted every fall semester to support a student during the following spring semester.
- Znaniecki Publication Prize-The Znaniecki Publication Prize is for a paper published by a graduate student during the current academic year. It may be on any subject, but it must be published. The award is $300 and is funded by the Sociology Department.
- The Outstanding Alumni Award