Congratulations to Professor Ghassan Moussawi, whose article, "Queer Exceptionalism and Exclusion: Cosmopolitanism and Inequalities in 'Gay Friendly' Beirut," received an honorable mention from the American Sociological Association's Global and Transnational Section for their Best Schola
- Professor Ghassan Moussawi spoke with Jadaliyya about his new book, "Disruptive Situations: Fractal Orientalism and Queer Strategies in Beirut" in an interview published July 9th, 2020.
- Professor Ghassan Moussawi's blog post entitled, "Living amidst constant disruptions that keep on taking new forms," was published today on the
- Congratulations to Professor Buckley on receiving grant funding for a new project entitled, "National Values and Political Reforms in Post-Maidan Ukraine (VALREF)." Professor Buckley will serve as the co-primary investigator for the study, centered at the University of Oslo in Norway.
- Professor Cynthia Buckley collaborated with Ralph Clem and Erik Herron on a recent article regarding entitled, "National Security Implications of the COVID-19 Crisis: The Urgent Need to Build State Capacity." The article was posted on The Owl in the Olive Tree, the blog of the Minerva Research In
- Professor Brian Dill teaches an introductory course on poverty in the Sociology Department and recently spoke with Craig Chamberlain, the social sciences editor at the University of Illinois News Bureau to answer the question, "What do we really know about poverty?" For the full article, go
- Americans could be forgiven for knowing little about Ukraine except its role in a presidential impeachment.
- Professor Ruby Mendenhall was featured on the Campus Conversation podcast Thursday, Nov. 21, 2019, at The News-Gazette Media studios in downtown Champaign.
- Professor Ghassan Moussawi selected out of 70 applicants to the Editorial Board of The Sociological Review (SAGE)Assistant Professor of Sociology Ghassan Moussawi has been selected out of 70 applicants to the Editorial Board of The Sociological Review (SAGE). It is the oldest sociology journal in the UK and is one of the few that is interdisciplinary, requiring submissions to engage with other disciplines.<